Thursday, July 30, 2009

Yesterday I took Scarlett in for another appointment. She's up to 12 lbs 4 oz and 24 1/8 inches long, which puts her at the 10th percentile for weight for height. The doc said that the last labs, that were done on a more sensitive machine, showed all her levels to be in the normal range. I didn't ask for specifics, so I don't know if she's at the low end of normal or what, but I don't care as long as they show that she doesn't have any kidney or metabolic diseases. So that puts us back at reflux.

Usually at this point, they would change reflux medicines, but there's some new study out that shows some reflux meds can cause respiratory issues, so he's keeping her on what she's got now. The doc recommended getting a Tucker Sling and adding rice cereal to her bottles, to both help with the reflux and aid in gaining weight. We did the math, and Scarlett's spitting up roughly 3 of her daily 25 ounces of formula.

Scarlett has this to say:
sdsz2k




56 km


zs z


She cracks me up with the intensity of her desire to type EVERY time she has the chance! And she has a new trick: sucking on her bottom lip. It's too cute!

No comments: