Thursday, July 16, 2009

Last Saturday...

...was a good day for a party! My sister got married, my Grandpa turned 85, and Scarlett turned 4 months. There was much celebrating to be done!


Sara and Shane:


The beautiful bride:

The birthday boy and Scarlett:


Scarlett, lookin' good for her 4 month picture:

I took Scarlett in for a weight check this morning. She's up to 11 lbs 8 oz and 24 inches long! That means that over the past two weeks, she's grown almost and inch and gained 9 oz, which is great! Way to chunk up, sweetie! And be tall. :) She's finally starting to fit into some of her 0-3 month sized clothes, but some 3 month stuff is still way too huge for her. She can still wear some of her newborn dresses and shirts, but probably not for very much longer at the rate she's growing. I've noticed lately that her hair is falling out like crazy--there's quite a collection of it on her sheet when she wakes up every morning. Scarlett also started rolling over a couple weeks ago (front to back) and has been getting pretty close to rolling back to front lately. She gets about halfway rolled, onto her side, but doesn't go any further from there. And she's been laughing and smiling so much--I love it!

I've been working on Scarlett's baby book lately, and it's turning out so cute! I'm excited. I didn't like any of the ones I saw in the stores--I could only find pink explosion, ugly cartoons, or rattles and prams, none of which I liked, so I decided to make one for her out of an 8x8 scrapbook. I did end up buying a baby book (ugly cartoon, in case you were wondering) so I would know what to put in it and get an idea for wording and things like that (then I returned it). I found some scrapbook paper that I really liked and have spent the last couple days working on it when I've had the chance. It's turning out better than I thought it would and I can't wait to see it all finished and put together.

I've also been working on making her some little leg warmers (which are also turning out very well). I LOVE leg warmers on her--they're so cute and make diaper changes so much easier because you don't have to worry about pants. They're awesome. To buy them, it costs $10-$15 a pair, but I found a tutorial online that shows how to make them out of knee socks, which I got at Target for $4-$5 each (much more budget friendly). They're really easy to make, basically take no skill to sew, and turn out really cute! It's is a little time consuming, because I hand sew them (using the sewing machine stretches them out funny and makes the cuffs all warped). I actually think I'll go work on some, while Scarlett's napping.

That's all for now....

No comments: