Friday, November 28, 2008

More pictures of the baby room

First and foremost, Baby Lathrop now has a first name:
(I painted these canvas boards with the leftover colors from the room and used scrapbooking paper for the letters)


It's so exciting to have a name picked out! Now we need to work on a middle name--any suggestions? Nothing that starts with an A, O or M so she won't be teased ("Scarlett A", or having S.O.L. for initials, or S.M.L., which is too much like "smell"). It's too bad, because a lot of the names I like start with those letters.

I worked hard this week to try and get Little Miss Scarlett's room finished before the family came over on Thanksgiving. We're not quite finished with it yet, but really really close!


Here's a view from the door, complete with a nice view of the extra dining room chair we have thrown in there for now :)


The trees on the right wall:


The flowers on the left wall (we were going to do some shrubs with flowers on them, but I couldn't quite figure out how to make it look good, so we went with a flower patch instead). The room needed a little bit of pink to make it more girlish:


We still need to put oranges on the trees and finish covering up some spots around the ceiling where the tape covered up the old color. Other than that, we're pretty much done and ready to start putting some baby stuff in there! I already have some of her clothes hanging up in the closet. They're so cute and small and soft and pink! I'm lovin it!



Not baby related, but this is how one of the Thanksgiving centerpieces turned out (not too bad, but I only had silver hot glue from making wedding related stuff, so there were some silver blobs showing):

Hosting Thanksgiving kicked my butt hardcore! I wasn't worried or stressed about having our family over until they started showing up! Next time I host, one of two things needs to happen: 1) I need to not be pregnant, or 2) All the supplies need to be on one floor, so I don't have to keep going up and down, up and down, up and down the stairs with a pregnant belly. All in all, though, it was nice to have all the family together (both my side and Mark's side, 17 of us total), wonderful to see my niece again (she's three months old today and so so cute!), and a great reminder of all the things I'm thankful for, including having a flipping sweet husband who loves me so so much.

10 comments:

Jason said...

nice treese

Jason said...

that word is better when spelled correctly.

trees.

Jason said...

I like your baby room! It's real cute times a billion!!! and you are really good tree painter so you can come help me next month!!

Also, yay twins for both having trees. and babies in our bellies.


I like your belly picture in the other post. :)

-Your twin (and not Jason again.)

CMC said...

Aww I love Scarlett! That was our 2nd choice name for a girl :) I love her nursery too, so cute!

How about Grace, Paige or Elizabeth for middle name ideas?

CMC said...

Oh and yay I can add you to my links now, it wouldn't let me when you had that weird warning on it.

Kari said...

I love the name Scarlett! It's one of my top names if Glen and I have a girl someday (he actually likes it, which brings it to the top of the list). Most of the names I like for a girl start with "E", which would make her initials "EW"... yeah... hopefully she'll get married someday and that won't be a problem...

Megan said...

Christie--I like your suggestions! Grace is one of our top middle name choices at the moment, and Elizabeth is my middle name. Way to pick good names! :)

CMC said...

Glad you like them! Those were all middle names we were considering for our girls name, but we are going with Claire - my great grandmother's name is Clarice so it'll be after her. And no I don't mind if you want to steal it :)

Kari - Aaron likes Scarlett also which is why it made it pretty high up on our list.

Kari said...

Christie - I think Scarlett is the only girls' name I could get Glen to actually OK. I keep throwing Evelyn and Emmy out there (I love those names!), but he keeps shooting them down. He agreed to Evelyn one day, when I mentioned it with my grandma's first name as the middle name: Evelyn Renata. I'm not sure how I feel about that, though...

Cam-Fu said...

I agree with Jason. The "treese" are nice. And good name too.