Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Chillin' with my bad self

It's been a pretty uneventful day for me. Mark left for Yakima this morning for work. He's going to be there for a couple days. So I went to my parents this afternoon to pass the time...and watch their cable TV (yay for Law & Order reruns). I also doubled the amount of blanket I've been crocheting for Scarlett. This weekend while cleaning, I found a crochet hook and some pink yarn, so I hopped online and learned how to crochet. I'm going to have to go get some more yarn, otherwise her blanket will be more like a thick scarf. Not zesty.

We finished painting in the baby room this weekend, so it's looking good in there! Mark finished up with the line around the ceiling where the old color still showed, and I put some oranges on the trees. I would really love some orange bedding to accent the paint job, but there's not a lot of orange bedding out there. So far the only stuff that I've been able to find is organic and very expensive (like $55 for one sheet), so that's a no go. I think we'll have to settle for green instead.

My parents ordered a crib for us, which is very exciting! Now Scarlett will have a place to sleep when she comes! I can hardly wait for her room to be all set up. I'm also, hopefully soon, going to grab a spare dresser at my parents' house for the baby room. It will be nice to have Scarlett's clothes in a dresser and not in cardboard boxes like they are now.

Tomorrow I'm heading up to watch my niece while my sister has a dentist appointment. It's always good to spend time with Makena! She's so cute it's ridiculous. And I'm so excited that Scarlett will have a cousin so close in age (Makena will be 7-ish months when Scarlett is born).

That's all for now. I'll probably play a little bit of VGs (video games) before I go to bed. Mark's got me hooked on Monsters for PS3, and the other day I earned my very first trophy playing that game...and no, I am not a geek. I promise. :)

4 comments:

Our growing family said...

I bet you could find orange dye and make your own crib sheets! It wouldn't cost too much after buying white sheets and dye and you could make it close to the exact brightness or darkness that you are looking for!
So excited for you guys!

Megan said...

That's so smart! I'd thought about going to a fabric store and just making my own sheets, but I don't think I'm crafty enough to deal with sewing elastic. I didn't even think about dyeing already-made sheets though! That's genius.

CMC said...

I've thought about making my own crib sheets to Megan, but like you - don't think I'm crafty enough to deal with elastic (and I don't have a sewing machine). But I love Tarena's idea! I may have to steal that one as well.

I'll also keep my eye out for inexpensive orange sheets - I'm always looking for modern stuff at good prices for our nursery, so I'll be sure to let you know if I come across anything!

CMC said...

I saw this while searching online and thought of you:

http://www.amazon.com/Babylicious-Happy-Crib-Sheet/dp/B000BZB3K0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1229144959&sr=1-1

Its not solid orange, but it has orange in it and the other colors match your nursery as well. Thought it might be a cute option :)