Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It smells citrusy at my house

I'm currently in the process of making Thanksgiving centerpieces for tomorrow. Mark and I are hosting at our place, on the main floor. It's the first time we've ever hosted a big event like this, and it's keeping me busy! I found this picture online for centerpieces that I'm trying to duplicate (thank you Good Housekeeping):


It sounds easy enough, just slice up some citrus fruits and put them on a wire rack on a cookie sheet in a 250 degree oven for two hours. Then you just have to hot glue them together. Fingers crossed that it turns out alright!

I've also had to wash all our china plates, platters, cups and saucers (which I'm still working on), track down some Thanksgiving paper napkins (which is ridiculously hard to do the week of Thanksgiving because all the stores have Christmas stuff up), make sure I have all the ingredients for the foods I'm supposed to be making, and make sure there will be enough chairs for the 18 or 20 people who will be here. I also have to make some pumpkin cheesecake today, and find a Safeway that sells Imo (a sour cream substitute) to make dip with.

On top of all that, I've been working on the baby room! The painting is so close to being done! It was my goal to have it all finished by tomorrow, so the family could see it when they're over, but it's not quite going to be all done unless I work like a maniac today (and considering it's past 11:00 and I'm still in my jammies, that's probably not going to happen). Last night Mark and I went to Lowe's, hopefully for the last time, to pick up a couple sample sizes of paints that we needed, so now we have everything we need to finish up. It's looking good in there! I'm so excited for that room to be finished!

The baby has been moving so much these last couple days. Yesterday she made my tummy jiggle she kicked so hard. It was funny to watch. We've picked out a first name for her--I can't wait to tell the family when we see them tomorrow! Now we're just working on a middle name. So far, the middle name can't start with A, M, or O because it would make for bad initials or an easy target to make of, but there are so many good names that start with those letters, so it's been kind of hard.

Writing about the baby room has me all pumped to get a little more done in there, hopefully I'll have finished pictures to post soon!

No comments: