Getting the crib all finished took care of some of the clutter that had built up in that room. We still need to go to a hardware store and get more sandpaper so Mark can finish sanding (and eventually stain) the dresser we got from my parents. We've got a bassinet in there, too, right now. I have to clean out a spot in our room for that (it's my plan to have that done by the end of the week). I get excited every time that room gets one step closer to being ready for Scarlett!
I spent the afternoon today visiting the classroom I used to work in. It was so great! I've missed the boys and the ladies I used to work with and see everyday! It was great to catch up with everyone, and see how much the boys have changed and hear about how well they're doing in school. I miss them already. They want me to go back and visit them next Thursday (I'm not quite sure why next Thursday of all days, but that was their request).
Those boys are so funny--a couple of them kept bringing me "gifts" throughout the afternoon. They show their love by giving away their school supplies, so by the end of the day I ended up with a couple pencils, a couple erasers (one of which was half way eaten by the time school was out...by one of the boys, not me), a six-inch ruler, and many completed homework assignments that they took out of their backpacks and handed over. I also got a bag of yogurt-covered graham cracker bites that one of the boys was eying all afternoon. Hmmm, maybe if I had shared with him, he wouldn't have eaten the eraser...? They were all excited about the baby and asked when she was going to be born...they'd hoped that she was born already.
And since I didn't get to take Chuck to visit them, here's a picture for the boys:
No comments:
Post a Comment