
Mark has wanted to try out some socks and slippers on Chuck, too, but I vetoed that.
Friday we also got some shopping and food ready for my mom's birthday party. She turned 60 yesterday, so we threw her a surprise party on Saturday. It was a lot of fun. About 35 people came. Mom had figured out that something was up before she arrived, so when she walked up the front steps she was already crying. She had a really good time, as did the rest of us. We even played Pin the Hearing Aid on the Donkey. (I'd put pictures up if I could, but every time I try, there's an error and it doesn't work. Which confuses me since the picture of Mark and Chuck loaded just fine....)
I was so tired after the party though! I distinctly remember after hosting Thanksgiving that I vowed not to host any more events while pregnant. Oops. At least I learned a lot from Thanksgiving and made better preparations this time around. I bagged up everything I thought we might need in the morning and took it downstairs, so there were minimal trips up and down the stairs come party time. It helped a lot. Even still, my new friend Cankles showed up before the party even started and stuck around until the next day. Maybe Cankles just wanted to hang out with my other new friend, Double Chin (that you can totally see in one of the pictures I tried to post but wouldn't load). Ah, the joys of pregnancy! So yesterday I tried my best to do a whole lot of nothing, which I was pretty successful at. Mark and I finally got some time to spend together last night. Nothing too exciting--we played games and talked, but it was really nice to spend time with each other without having to worry about anything else.
I had a doctor appointment this morning. Everything with Scarlett and the pregnancy is looking good. She's head down, moving a bunch, with a nice strong heartbeat. I'm measuring 32 & 1/2 cm, which is pretty much on target (I'm 31 & 1/2 weeks), all my blood levels are good. I've started having some aches and pains, especially when I wake up in the morning, but it's all regular stuff.
I can't believe how close her due date is getting! Just two months away!
3 comments:
Dude, didn't you like drop out of 4 different colleges--can I get a definition of Quintessential Existentialism?
Mark named it. Ask him.
Post a Comment