We celebrated Scarlett on Saturday with a Yo Gabba Gabba themed party...kind of. I realized a little too late in the planning process that you can't find Yo Gabba party decorations anywhere except the internet, and there was no way I was paying $7 for one balloon. I thought, no prob, we'll just find some stuff online and print it out and call it good...only we have no printer ink, and ink is also something that is expensive and has to be ordered via the internet. No go. I kept having to remind myself that this party's for Scarlett, who is 2, and she isn't likely to care much about decorations. I like to throw a good party, but I felt like my options for awesomeness kept narrowing, but it all turned out in the end. Scarlett had fun, there were no major melt downs (on both her part and mine), she kept saying "birday, a me," and smiled hugely when she was sung to.
The birthday girl, in her favorite Toodee shirt:

Awesomely handmade water bottle decorations. When all else fails, use toddler art supplies, no?
Gabbaland on poster-board for the kids to color.
Scarlett, thanks to Auntie Sara's influence, looooooooves to bare belly bump. Thanks, Sara.
We borrowed the Birthday Yo Gabba DVD from the library.
Lovin her new stroller:
Thanks to Aunt Jeri and Tom for some of these pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment