Thursday, October 13, 2011

Getting Crafty

I've recently gotten sucked into Pinterest, and one of the first pictures I pinned was this:

Pinned Image


I could SO do that!  I thought when I first saw it, and so pinned it to the board called "I could SO do that."  There are a handful of crafts on that board that I'd like to try, but since I pretty much had all I needed to make this one, I tried it first.  I cut out rectangles from cracker, mac & cheese, Nerds, and Rice-A-Roni boxes.  I'd already been using pages from an old book that I got at Goodwill for crafty things, and I had extra paper left over from making Scarlett's baby book.  

I printed out some letters from the computer and got set mod podging while listening to The Hunger Games trilogy on audiobook--which, by the way, is my new favorite thing!  How did I never fall in love with audiobooks before!?!  I can totally do two things at once, like dishes and a book.  Laundry and a book.  And-- my favorite combo--grocery shopping and a book!  Since I haven't had time to sit down and read since becoming a mom, this is pretty much the most amazing discovery.  I've gone through four and half books in the last month, which is pretty much equal to the number of real books I've read in the last two and a half years.  And I can get audiobooks from the library online, which makes it all the better.  I'm kind of in love....

Anyhoo, here's how my alphabet turned out: 



(I took these pictures with my phone, which sometimes isn't awesome at uploading, hence the grey bars at the bottom of each picture)

I wasn't quite sure how to hang them up, so I decided to string the letters on some lace hem tape with binder clips.  I got both of those at Walmart, making it cost about $5 for this project, which is good because I'm cheap.  I'm loving how it turned out, though I wonder if I'll ever hang anything again due to the twin evils that are lath and plaster.  My thumb and finger are still sore (no!  I'm not a wuss!) :)

1 comment:

madilla said...

Love it! These are the craft projects I like the most. You don't have to go to buy a zillion supplies and it looks so fresh and adorable.