It’s been a long time since I’ve blogged, mostly because nothing exciting has been happening. But there have been a few things that I think are worth mentioning.
First of all, #2 has a first name: Cora! We’re still working on a middle name. We’ve basically narrowed it down to two options, but nothing finalized yet (and who knows, we might choose something completely different). But for now, it’s good to at least have a first name! And I definitely like Cora more and more every time I say it out loud (I’ve been calling her Cora in my head for a while now, hoping so hard that Mark would give the okay). My other favorites were Eliza and Cadence. I like a lot of names that start with A, but Mark vetoed A names because he thought they were too trendy. And there are a lot of names that I like that end with A also, but I don’t like the way most of them sound when matched with Cora—I don’t like the way it sounds when both names end with A.
Second, Scarlett got her first haircut last Saturday. It was horrible! She SCREAMED the whole time, the lady cut off about 1 1/2 inches more than I asked, didn’t cut it evenly and was super s l o w. It was ridiculous. I didn’t like the cut at first, since it wasn’t what I wanted at all, but it’s growing on me. It definitely makes Scarlett look more grown up.
Third, only 2 months until Cora’s due! I’m excited! And a little freaked out. We still have a bunch to do to prepare for her arrival. But physically, I’m more and more ready for her to come each day. My back has started hurting all the time (because Scarlett likes to be held), I’m tired of peeing all the time, and I’ve started having a hard time sleeping at night. At least I’m carrying Cora lower than I did Scarlett, so my stomach isn’t squished too much (but I do get winded easily…lame). It’s exciting to think that she may come as soon as next month!
Lastly, I was sent HUGE marshmallows in the mail today (thanks, Twin). They’re ridiculously huge! And awesome! They’re probably the size of (at least) four regular sized mallows. I tried to see how many I could stuff in my mouth, and had trouble getting one to fit. They’re amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment