Monday, March 15, 2010

Party Pictures

Table with traditional Tol foods. The green square is a rice cake, I’m not sure what it says on it, but I think I heard Mark’s mom saying it was her Korean name, Eun Joo (or maybe Ju…?). Eun Joo is a combo of Joo Hong (Scarlett) and Eun Hye (Grace). I’m keeping my fingers crossed I got that Korean right…. :)102_3685

Comparing rings: 102_3688

Dress, rings and bracelet on (you can kind of see the bracelet on her left wrist—it looks more like a shadow, though): 102_3700

With the hat: 102_3703a

So cute I could hardly stand it! Scarlett was wearing a green tutu/skirt underneath which poofed out her dress nicely.102_3708

Toljabee. Scarlett’s future is predicted by the items that she picks up.102_3719

She picked the book, which means that she’s going to be smart. She was too distracted to pick a second item at the time, but later picked the pencils, which also means she’s going to be smart—sweet!102_3720

She wasn’t too sure about her first bite of (Molly-made, awesome foam finger shaped) cake.102_3760

But she eventually dug in.102_3763

It was a pretty awesome party! I had lots of fun (and didn’t get too stressed out, even though I keep vowing to NOT throw parties when I’m pregnant). I am always amazed by Molly’s cake making skills, and her foam finger shaped cakes wowed me yet again (thanks Molly)!

In non-Scarlett news, we go in tomorrow for the big ultrasound! I’m so excited! I can’t believe that I’m 20 weeks already and that this pregnancy is half way over. When I was pregnant with Scarlett, the weeks seemed to drag on, but she’s been keeping me busy so I’ve barely had the time to enjoy this pregnancy. I finally busted out the maternity clothes this last week and love the way they make it look like I’m actually pregnant and not just fat. :) Though I do secretly hate maternity pants a little bit, because I haven’t found any that fit right. They either fit in the length or waist, but so far not both (as is pretty much par for the course for non-maternity pants, too). Mark felt the baby move about a week and a half ago, which was pretty exciting.

I’m getting so excited for this kid!!! :D

2 comments:

CMC said...

Aww her party looked amazing! That foam finger cake is AWESOME and Scarlett is adorable, as always :)

Good luck tomorrow! We have an ultrasound tomorrow too, but it's the "make sure there really is a baby in there causing all this nausea" one. I'm guessing boy for you guys though, just a hunch :)

Megan said...

I was thinking "Oh fun! Ultrasound twins" when I read your blog earlier! :) Can't wait to hear about your appointment. I'm hoping for a boy for us, too, though it'll probably be a girl since I want a boy and Mark picked out a boy name that I absolutely love.