- Everyone in my house seems to be recovering. Flu Week 2009 hit pretty hard--Scarlett got sick last Tuesday (lots of barfing), got Mark and I sick, then got sick again on Saturday (only one spew, but it was a good one--all up in her car seat), then Mark got sick again yesterday, but seems to be doing alright today.
- I get a gold star for "domestic works" this week. I made my own baby wipe solution, dishwasher soap, laundry detergent and half an apron. I feel like I deserve a badge or something.
- Mark's surgery got canceled because of Flu Week 2009, but has been rescheduled for this Friday. Peace out, cancer! And thyroid. Consider this your eviction notice. You're no longer welcome here.
- Scarlett had her first bath in the kitchen sink tonight. She didn't really like it, and kept trying to pull herself up...
- ...which she can do now. Mostly only if she's sitting on someone's lap. Not so much from the floor, but she's trying.
- This week Scarlett has started making clicking and smacking mouth noises. Cute!
- She's also started reaching out her arms for us, which I love. She's also been extra snuggly, which is nice, since usually she isn't at all.
- We're hopefully going to the Fair this week. Fingers crossed we can find the time before Mark's surgery.
- Getting Scarlett to sleep in her crib has been a challenge. She hates it. She cries. She screams. Any advice? Crying it out doesn't really seem to be an option for us since we have housemates who value sleeping at night.
- I found an awesome book at Goodwill the other day. Care and Training of Children, 1929. "If the baby has had the right food, cod liver oil, and plenty of sunshine, the teeth should begin to come at seven months." I like the section about training them to poo on a plate and according to a schedule.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Random Mish Mash
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment