Saturday, September 12, 2009

Look who's half a year already...



Last night at the Gap:
I can hardly believe that my Little Miss is 6 months old! Time has flown. Yesterday was her half birthday. Scarlett has some new tricks up her sleeve these days that definitely up her cuteness factor.
  • She's stared saying ma, mom, and mama. Yesterday morning she even yelled "Mom!" when she fell over and I was laughing at her instead of helping her up. :)
  • This morning she said dada for the first time, which Mark is pretty stoked about.
  • A couple days ago, Scarlett pushed herself up onto her knees for the first time while she was playing. She's also started to scoot herself around on the floor, backwards. She gets herself stuck under the couch often.
  • She and Chuck have started paying more attention to each other, and Scarlett is even pushing him away when he licks her nose and face. She's even been known to laugh at him as he walks by.
  • She's been sleeping in her crib for a couple weeks...with "sleeping" kind of being a loose term. She's still waking up multiple times each night, sometimes up to four times (boooo!).
  • Scarlett's started eating food. So far she's tried rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, avocado, carrots and pears. She hates carrots!
  • She's sitting up pretty well now, but is still kind of wobbly. Yesterday she was sitting on my lap and leaned forward and stood up. Just like that. Just like any regular ol' person stands up. It totally surprised me, but must have been no big thing for her because she did it again about 30 seconds later. Of course, each time she didn't stay standing for long.
  • Scarlett is still in size 0-3 month clothes, but is starting to fit into some of her smaller 3-6 month stuff, too. She just got a boatload of hand-me-downs from her cousin, so I'm excited for to get just a little bit bigger so she can wear some of the new stuff, which is pretty much all so so cute.
  • Scarlett did finally graduate into size 2 diapers, but they're still a little bit big for her.
  • She continues to develop quite the personality. She openly laughed in our faces last night when I pointed out to her that it was an hour past her bedtime and she should be asleep. She smiles and sometimes gives a little giggle when she farts and/or poops.
  • She still LOVES to type. Sometimes I just have to give up when I'm writing an email because she gets so intense. She also loves the TV remote. Not really any of the others, though.
Just now on the couch:

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

She is so incredibly adorable!

Megan said...

Word.

Molly said...

even though I just saw her I think she still looks even bigger from then in the gap picture. And she is awesome. (probably because she has awesome parents.)