Scarlett turned 5 months old last Tuesday! I can hardly believe that my girl is that old already! She's amazing and developing quite a personality. She's definitely her father's daughter--she recently laughed at a fart joke for the first time. She thinks spitting is funny and loves goofy/annoying voices. Scarlett has become aware of her feet (since we got her some jelly shoes) and plays with her feet all the time. She even managed to suck on a toe the other night (gross). She's crazy about kicking, especially in the tub.
Health-wise, things are going alright for her. We got her up to 2 Tbsp of cereal per 4 oz bottle, but she's pretty much maxed out. Anything more than that and she spits it out and coughs and chokes. She's chunked up from it, though! She finally has some rolls in her thighs, ankles and wrists. And her second chin is more pronounced. We have an appointment on Wednesday to check back on the reflux, and her 6 month check up on Thursday (even though she won't be 6 months until September). I can't wait to see how much she's gained. Her reflux is better than it was, but the past couple days I've noticed some back arching and screaming during feedings. Boooo. I feel like she keeps having that issue, which is no good. We'll see what the doc says. She's spitting up way less, maybe only a Tbsp a day, instead of 3 oz, so that's much better. Her sleeping pattern has been thrown off since she's started having tummy troubles, though. She used to sleep through the night, but now wakes up 2-5 times a night. I think the heat waves exacerbated her sleeping issues, too. Hopefully that straightens out soon, though, because it's making me a crazy lady!
As soon as I find the memory card plug in thing, I'll post her 5 month picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment